Summer is perfect for salads, especially easy ones that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes to make ahead of time and to enjoy poolside or at barbecues. And, when you know it’s loaded with nutritional goodness, there’s really nothing more satisfying.
Today’s star is broccoli. It’s loaded with all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber you need, and it has secretly powerful antioxidants, including Sulforophane to support detoxification and disease prevention. The great thing about this raw, broccoli salad is that all the chopping creates and releases even greater Sulforophane since the very act of chopping allows its myrosinase enzyme to combine a sulforaphane precursor, glucoraphanin. When you break, chop, or chew broccoli, the myrosinase and glucoraphanin come together like two superpowers to provide a perfect source of sulforophane to keep you thriving and healthy!
Let’s get CHOPPING!
buy provigil online australia BROCCOLI SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
http://nepa.nl/conditions/?l=en AUTHOR: Kristen Tinker
cheap modafinil online uk INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dices
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, small dices
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced, unsalted almonds
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup tahini dressing (or more to taste)…recipe below
DRESSING: Tahini dressing may be used with other salads and roasted veggies
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of cayenne (to taste), salt, and pepper
- In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Blend until creamy and smooth. Please note, this dressing will thicken with time and refrigeration. You may thin with additional water or oil.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, carrots, bell pepper, cherries, and almonds. Stir in dressing and orange juice, tossing gently until well mixed. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and add additional water or orange juice if you want it thinner or a bit sweeter salad.
- Cover and allow salad to “meld” flavors and to chill for at least 1-12 hours in the refrigerator.