Tis the Season for fancy veggie dishes!! Sadly, the mere mention of Brussels sprouts makes many run the other direction. Such a reaction is so undeserved. These tiny, bite-sized morsels are an amazing addition to any dinner table. They are rich in valuable nutrients, being an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids. WOW! That’s pretty powerful!
If you are ready to TRANSFORM your health with more nutrient dense veggies and take your health to the next level, use you Team PK $50 gift card towards the purchase of daily Core Three Nutrition, or the Ten Day Transformation. Use code “pacerkristen” to redeem your $50 off!
BRUSSELS SPROUTS with CHERRIES AND PECANS, serves 4 side dishes
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, ends sliced off and quartered
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Stoneridge Orchards dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic orange juice
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice/ juice from approximately one half lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 1/2 T Purium Tart Apothe Cherry
- 1/2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Madhava Organic Maple Cinnamon Agave Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice
Soak dried cranberries in a small bowl of hot water, making sure all berries are covered. Allow to rehydrate approximately 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 10-inch heavy skillet (preferably well-seasoned cast iron) melt 1 tsp coconut oil and saute Brussels Sprouts until just charred on outer leaves, approximately 5 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Add juices, Apothe Cherry, and balsamic vinegar; stir and allow brussels sprouts to absorb the liquid. Once nearly all liquid is evaporated, stir in quinoa/brown rice mixture. Cook until quinoa/brown rice is steamed. Add maple syrup, salt, garlic powder, pepper and ground coriander to taste.
Garnish with additional toasted pecans, if desired. Serve as a side dish or with grilled lean protein (fish or chicken) as an entree. Enjoy!