If you love the idea of chocolate coffee protein bars, here you go!
Protein bars have become the quintessential snack food, but most protein bars have artificial ingredients and really are just glorified candy bars! Here’s one protein bar that I can actually recommend, with its high protein content, real ingredients, higher fiber, and no gluten, dairy, or soy, and it’s homemade with only 7 ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
- healthy carbs, fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants with a low glycemic index (think medjool dates)
- healthy proteins and fats (think protein powder, almonds and cashews)
- caffeine and antioxidants (think coffee and chocolate)
- protein, probiotics and detox foods: Epigenius chocolate protein powder
- runners nutrients: magnesium, iron, vitamins D, A, C, E
- 1 cup organic Epigenius protein powder
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (10-12 large)
- 1/2 cup sliced, raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp raw cocao nibs (optional)
- 2 tsp Starbucks coffee powder
- 2 tbsp water (don’t use too much or your mixture will be sticky)