There’s nothing better than a personal, mini chocolate cake. Just a stroll down the baking aisle at your local grocer tells this is the latest obsession with not one but 4 different varieties of mixes for a Chocolate Lover’s Mug Cake, each one perfectly sized for one! Yes, this is the trend. Chocolate. One serving. All yours. No guilt, because you had only one serving…until you read the list of ingredients!
What if there were a healthier way? Less expensive, fewer chemicals, natural sugars, and less guilt? You’d do it…I know! With the Holidays one month in the rear view mirror, you are ready for a break from healthy foods, willpower, and the daily grind.
You crave fun, easy, fast, and “yes,” chocolate. Me too! And as we slide into the month of all things chocolate, love, and sweetly decadent foods, why not treat yourself to a personalized, homemade, decadent, chocolate cake, one with rich coffee undertones? I’ve been thinking ahead and created just the perfect recipe for you! And, what I love about this is that you can personalize your mini with your favorite toppings: walnuts, chocolate chips, toasted coconut, or berries. It’s a rustic, home cooked, and individualized cake..just for you! Is there anything better?
Of course, with National Chocolate Cake Day’s fast approaching (yes, it’s truly a national holiday!), it’s time to get cooking!
CHOCOLATE COFFEE RAMEKIN CAKES
Author: Kristen Tinker
- 1 scoop (16g) Chocolate MVP Kids (Multisource Vegan Protein)
- 1 scoop (12g) Navitas raw cacao
- 1 tsp Monkfruit
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 T nondairy milk (I used 1 T unsweetened almond milk and 2 T Califia iced mocha coffee)
**Use strictly unsweetened almond milk to create a Chocolate Cake, sans coffee flavor. My kids liked it both ways since the coffee gives depth but is not a predominant flavor.
TOPPINGS: Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, toasted coconut
- Place all dry ingredients into one ramekin dish or mug and stir.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Stir to smooth consistency.
- Microwave batter for 30 seconds. Check for doneness and return to baking in 10 second intervals until set. Do not overbake!
- Once set, add toppings and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Want to try the MVP Chocolate protein I use daily? I love this for baking and making delicious treats, including my Chocolate Coffee Ramekin Cake! Use my health code “pacerkristen” for $50 off at iShopPurium.com.