Chocolate Coffee Protein Breakfast Bowl
Smoothies are the best! You really can’t screw them up, and by a simple fruit or veggie swap or addition, you can pretty much take the flavor in a whole new direction. Serve it up in a large glass or pour it in a bowl, garnished with amazing “condiments” such as granola, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and a drizzle of maple syrup, and you have one incredible breakfast!
And that was the start of my creation to blend a typical chocolate protein smoothie with COFFEE! I can’t think of a better way to kick off your day than with chocolate and coffee together in one bowl….Am I right?!?! ☕️🍫
Here’s my newest creation with 10 grams of protein, no refined sugar, no gluten and dairy free! Oh my! It’s good! Chocolate and coffee are both rich in antioxidants, so this is a home run for breakfast, lunch, snack, or even dessert (scale the portions accordingly).
My recipe is just a skeleton or template. Put on your creative genius and blend up your own Chocolate Coffee Protein breakfast smoothie!
Chocolate Coffee Protein Breakfast Bowl, serves 1
- 8 ounces Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop (approx. 3 Tbsp) Chocolate protein ( I used Purium’s Chocolate EpiGenius**)
- 1 tsp raw cacao
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of instant coffee (I used Starbucks VIA Instant Pike Place Roast Medium Roast coffee)
- Ice cubes (5-6, but add more or less, depending on size and desired consistency. You’ll want more for a smoothie bowl to make a thick base and less for a drink)
- Optional for garnish: granola, chia seeds, coconut flakes, banana slices, nuts, cacao nibs
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Pour in your favorite bowl and garnish. Serve immediately!