I’m not going to lie…I’m a little bit obsessed with chocolate protein and snack balls. And especially this recipe.
These delectable little bite sized morsels are super easy, can be made with ingredients your healthy kitchen already has on hand, and they are chock full of rich, chocolatey, natural goodness. Honestly, this snack could also serve as a simple dessert.
Requiring only minutes to put together with no oven/baking, and no added, refined sugars, you have yourself a WIN-WIN!!!…Perfect for a lazy weekend or for any day! Your friends and family will love you!
1 lbs. Medjool Dates
3 TBSP almond butter
2 tsp Dark Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1/2 cup Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Original Cereal (or more)
Topping: equal parts Shredded raw coconut, finely chopped almonds, Enjoy Life Vegan Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Puree dates, almond butter, and cocoa powder in food processor.
- Add Ezekiel Cereal and pulse to incorporate but leaving large pieces.
- Add more cereal if necessary so balls have good, crunchy texture.
- Using a Tablespoon, scoop mixture into balls and roll each one to make it smooth.
- Roll each ball into desired topping mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator. Makes 36 balls.