There’s really nothing better than a daily Salad to keep your health on track, especially during the chaotic Holiday Season!…And, I have the ideal one for you and your family!
My Cranberry Quinoa Cashew Salad is perfect for the Holiday Season! It comes together quickly, has beautiful colors, and it can stand alone or be served as a side to your Holiday Ham. Dress it up, dress it down; serve it hot or serve it cold. You get the picture!
And just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, this Salad also contains 5 of the 8 Foods you should eat daily for weight loss, high energy, and disease prevention. In my programs, I teach you about these 8 foods and how to incorporate them into your daily routine around a lifestyle of Healthy Habits. But I digress…Back to Salad-making!
With a salad so easy, fast, and adaptable, it’s going to be a staple in your kitchen! I hope you will let me know how much you love this salad,…and how much your family loves you for making it!
CRANBERRY QUINOA CASHEW SALAD serves 4-8
Author: Kristen Tinker/Pacer Kristen
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, unsalted
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh (frozen) cranberries
- 3 oranges, about 2 cups, peeled and diced ( before peeling, zest one of the oranges and save 1 tsp)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw cashews (toasted if desired)
- 3 oz chopped fresh spinach, (large handful)
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING: this makes more than you need; save for salad later in the week!
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to boil in medium pan. Add quinoa and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and allow to soften over low heat until seeds open and soften, approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile Zest 1 tsp orange peel and set aside.
- Chop frozen cranberries, set aside, and add into the pan the last few minutes of quinoa’s cooking. This allows the cranberries to soften and to warm.
- Chop cashews, spinach, onion, orange segments.
- Clean pomegranate to measure 1/2 cup seeds.
- To the quinoa cranberry pan, add cashews, spinach, onion, orange, and pomegranate.
- Mix juice, vinegar, oil, honey, and mustard in a bowl or mason jar (to save for later).
- Add Raspberry Vinaigrette to quinoa salad and lightly mix.
- To serve, place salad on plates and garnish with fresh rosemary.
Please post and tag me @pacerkristen/#pacerkristen with your awesome salad creation! I can’t wait to hear how you like it!