Winter time is ideal to throw together a pot of soup...something savory, creamy, filling, and comforting. Sadly, most of those descriptors only relate to less healthy choice.. Today, I've turned the tables with creamy Mushroom and Bean soup! This is the perfect soup to boost your immunity this winter season, since mushrooms have the amazing ability to stop viruses, bacteria, cancer cells, and other pathogens. These beautiful fungus are high in antioxidants, so they combat the effects of free radicals and they lower chronic inflammation resulting in a boost to your immune system.
A delicious soup that keeps you healthy!..Now that's a "keeper!"
source CREAMY MUSHROOM AND BEAN SOUP
Author: Kristen Tinker
buy gabapentin online canada INGREDIENTS
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 1 (15 oz) can organic white beans, drained & rinsed
- 3-4 cups organic chicken OR vegetable broth
- Seasonings/aromatics: Italian seasonings (~1 tsp), fresh rosemary (~1-2 tsp fresh thyme), salt and pepper
Garnishes: Roasted Broccoli spears, Heart Hemp Chipotle Toppers, Nutritional Yeast, Red pepper flakes
- In a soup pot, warm avocado oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until beginning to soften, then add mushrooms, and finally garlic. Saute the combination until flavors meld and aromatics are released by the garlic.
- Add drained beans and broth; allow to warm and blend flavors.
- Place bean/mushroom mixture into a food processor or blender and puree to desired consistency, adding more broth if required. This may require working in small batches.
- Once nearly creamy, season the soup with Italian seasonings, rosemary thyme, salt and pepper, Pulse to incorporate spices but do not puree spices or your taste buds will be overwhelmed.
- Return soup mixture to pot for warming and to combine flavors.
- To serve, laddle into bowls and ganish with broccoli spears, additional rosemary sprigs, nutritional yeast, Heart Hemp toppers, and red chili flakes.
This soup may be served as a meal starter, midday snack, or a soup dinner!