If you are not cooking with Cauliflower, today is your day to incorporate this cruciferous veggie into your daily diet! Its antioxidants, including Vitamins C, are ideal for preventing disease, increasing immunity, and for supporting collagen to have glowing, beautiful skin. And, with cauliflower’s sulfur-containing compounds, it also repairs DNA and prevents cancer cell mutation. You can being to see why Cauliflower is one of the 8 Foods You Should Eat Daily!
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes for its ease, few ingredients, high nutrients, and fast preparation. I especially enjoy its heartiness and warmth with the adaptability to be a side dish or the main star. It can stand alone!
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER STEAKS, makes 4 steaks
Author: Kristen Tinker
1 large head cauliflower, cut into 4 steaks
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
Optional: Coconut Milk, almonds, quinoa or brown rice, cilantro
- Remove stems from cauliflower and slice into 4 steaks (1/2″ thick) by cutting parallel with and into the stem.
- Mix spices in small bowl. Set aside.
- Warm large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with coconut oil to form a thin layer.
- Dust each side of the “steak” with curry mixture and place evenly in pan.
- Saute approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once browned and slightly caramelized.
- Remove steaks from pan, placing on a plate, and cover with foil.
- If desired, deglaze pan with 1/2 – 1/4 cup coconut milk, scraping up curry seasonings. This creates a warm, curried sauce to drizzle over steaks.
- For plating, serve each steak on a bed of quinoa or brown rice and sprinkle with toasted almonds, cilantro, and top with warm curry sauce.
I’m anxious for you to try out this recipe, and I hope you will share pictures of your creations too! Be sure to tag me with your pictures!