This is one of those recipes that just feels good. It’s comforting, wholesome, fun and easy to put together
This is a Vegan recipe, and packed with flavor as well as fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatories! Made from pantry ingredients, you can mix up these muffins to enjoy anytime! It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner and is adaptable to be served with a side of greens and citrus slices for a complete meal!
Let’s get cooking!
CURRIED MOCK TUNA MUFFINS, serves 3
- 16 oz can chickpeas, drained and mashed with a fork or masher
- 6 small slices Ezekial Bread or whole grain/multi-grain (I used Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or organic butter (to butter the bread and to spread into the muffin tins)
- 2-3 tbsp mayo or vegan mayo
- 1-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried cherries, cranberries, or raisins
- pink salt and pepper
- 1 cup (divided) Vegan or organic, pastured cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread butter or olive oil in 6 muffin tins; fill the unused tins with a small amount of water so they won’t burn
- Coat one side of the bread with olive oil or butter and press oil/buttered side of bread into muffin cups
- In a bowl, toss mashed chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, mayo, 1/2 cup cheese, curry powder, and dried fruit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well, adding more mayo if mixture is too dry.
- Divide mixture among 6 bread-lined cups.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until filling bubbly hot and golden.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is part of the 30 Day Eat Better Get Fit Program that starts next Monday to STOP DIETING for life!
When you register THIS WEEK, you will receive three e-books as a bonus gift… Healthy Recipes, my Smoothies and Juicing Guide, and my Grocery Shopping Guide.