We’ve been here before…Is there really anything better than chocolate?..Especially when it’s packaged in a fudgy brownie, filled with nothin’ but the good stuff and nothing inflammatory to harm your gut.
👉🏻No refined wheat or gluten
👉🏻No vegetable oil
👉🏻No refined sugar
Now, I know what you’re thinking…No flavor either! Wrong! These brownies are rich and chocolatey, hold together like a brownie should, and contain only real, whole food ingredients.
Still don’t believe me on the flavor end of things? You know I taste test everything in my own home first. Today, I pulled a batch out of the oven, rushed to carline and served up my Fudgy Vegan Brownies to each of our three children…right from the pan. They LOVED these brownies and begged for more!
And did I mention they take 10 minutes to prep and only 15 or so minutes to bake?
How’s that for a home run?
Let’s get baking!
FUDGY VEGAN BROWNIES, makes 9 generous squares
- 15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Raw Cacoa powder
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal, gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Nut Butter (I used almond butter, but PB will work fine too)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegan Chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Coconut oil to grease your pan
- Optional: pecans or nuts and extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread a thin layer of coconut oil in an 8’x8′ glass dish.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts in a food processor.
- Process to a smooth consistency.
- Scrape mixture down and scoop into prepared pan. Garnish with extra chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Place in oven and bake 15-18 minutes or until set. Do not overbake.
- Allow baked brownies to cool for 15 minutes before cutting (yes, you can throw them into the car and allow to cool on the way to carline!)
- Cut into 9 squares and watch your family love you even more!