Weekend breakfasts…I’m pretty sure my family lives for this! There’s just something special about breakfast! And sometimes breakfast for dinner becomes a weekday favorite too.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (approximately 6 cups total), peeled and grated
- 3 TBSP Earth Balance Butter
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened Silk Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound breakfast turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup organic cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- halved grape tomatoes
- Cut 12 squares of parchment paper by first cutting 4 – 5.5″ sheets. With scissors, cut each of the 4 sheets into thirds to create 12 squares. Place each square over the muffin pan holes and set aside.
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes in a medium mixing bowl.
- Working in batches if necessary, squeeze grated potato in cheese cloth to eliminate excess moisture and return to bowl.
- Mix butter/vegan butter, salt, and pepper into sweet potato mixture. Once incorporated, divide potatoes into 12 portions and push into each parchment square to form a “nest” for the eggs. Set aside.
- With a wire whisk, mix 4 eggs, Almond milk, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl.
- Place a small amount of preferred ingredients into each sweet potato nest: sausage/cheese; broccoli/onion/tomato; sausage/broccoli, etc..
- Fill each potato nest with egg mixture. Filling may exceed the potato and spill over, which is fine.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and potatoes are crisp around the edges.
- Best served warm, right out of the oven!
Enjoy! And, I hope you will tag me @pacerkristen/#pacerkristen with your own creations!