You’re yawning and rolling your eyes! I see it! Think again. Days of the week matter, and today is no exception. We live for Friday all week long, thinking about the celebratory events that will surely kick off a weekend of fun. This is totally backwards! Why such an emphasis on Friday and not on Monday?
A 2014 FGI study showed that Monday is a critical and powerful day in your week when it comes to health and fitness goals. Statistically, this is when most of us are more likely to leverage our goals towards action. Of those surveyed, 76% of respondents indicated that exercise on MONDAY would more likely mean working out during the rest of the week.
What’s more, MONDAY was the day selected by the majority of individuals, not only to start a diet, but to quit smoking, to commence an exercise routine, even to make an appointment with the doctor. WE WANT WELLNESS TO START ON MONDAY! Today IS your day to start exercising, eating right, and having a positive mindset!
TODAY IS THE DAY! USE MONDAY TO START YOUR WEEK OFF RIGHT!
GET MOVING TODAY. HERE’S WHY…
- You will likely work out the rest of the week. There’s something about this fresh start that motivates you to continue the cycle of “feel good!”
- You will increase your chances to make healthy choices all day and all week. When you kick off the day with exercise, your willpower increases with promising feelings of overall wellness. You will be inspired to keep making healthy choices, even as your day and week unravels.
- You will be happier. Research shows that we ultimately exercise for that overall good feeling received following exercise, not for the 6 pack abs!!! Not kidding! Exercise helps to increase the production of dopamine, the chemical responsible for happiness and pleasure. Take note…dopamine naturally decreases as we age, so exercise is critical for keeping you young AND HAPPY!
- You might make more money! In a 2012 study published in the June issue of the Journal of Labor Research, researchers have found that employees who regularly exercise earn 9% more than their lazier counterparts.
- You will think more clearly. We both minimize anxiety and increase problem solving when exercising! A study conducted at the University of British Columbia illustrated that exercise improved memory and learning!
- You will sleep better! The National Sleep Foundation found that those with 150 minutes of weekly exercise slept better and were more alert during the day.
Who knew MONDAY that was so powerful!
GET MOTIVATED; GET MOVING!!!!