PLANK LEG LIFTS: core, glutes, hamstrings
Equipment needed: chair or stability ball
- Lie on your belly on an exercise ball, and walk your hands out so the ball is underneath your feet. Alternatively, place feet on a chair and walk your body out to a plank position. Your hands should be underneath your shoulders.
- While engaging your abs and keeping back straight, lift your right leg up into the air, then slowly lower it back to the ball.
- Repeat on left leg for one rep.
- Complete 20 reps.
SINGLE ARM ROW: back, deltoid
Equipment needed: stability ball, 10 lbs. dumbbell
- Place your right hand on stability ball, right leg forward. Make sure to keep your back straight.
- Bend elbow up toward ceiling and squeeze your shoulder blade toward your spine.
- Repeat with left arm (make sure to switch your legs as well).
- Complete 15 reps on each side.
DELTOID BACK SQUEEZE: back/deltoids
Equipment needed: 5 lbs. dumbbells
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and hold dumbbells in each hand, parallel to the ground.
- Extend your arms behind you, palms facing up, and squeeze your arms together, so the weights almost touch to the middle of your back.
- Pause in back and move back to starting position and repeat.
- Repeat for 15-20 reps.
STANDING LEG LUNGE: quadriceps, glutes
Equipment needed: 5 lbs. dumbbells, bench or chair
Standing about three feet in front of a chair, with your back to the bench, reach left foot back so that your toes rest on the bench.
Keeping the right foot grounded and with head up and a strong core, slowly lower your right knee into a lunge position, until your thigh is nearly parallel to the floor.
Lift your knee back to the starting position as you exhale.
Repeat 15 repetitions. Switch legs and repeat the movement.