| PIE CRUST
- 1-1/4 cup organic flour (white, whole wheat, or oatmeal)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp Coconut Oil Ghee (or cold organic unsalted butter)
- 4-5 Tbsp ice water
In a small bowl, mix flour and salt. Add Coconut Oil Ghee until crumb texture, pea-sized pieces form. Add ice water one tbsp at a time until mixture holds together but is not too moist. Form crust into a disk, wrap, and chill for an hour or until ready to assemble.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 eggs (or flax seed eggs…For each egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed (measure after grinding) with 2 tablespoons of water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp maple extract or vanilla
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
PIE FILLING DIRECTIONS:
- Place Medjool dates in food processor. Blend to a paste. Add remaining ingredients and process to a smooth consistency.
PECAN PIE FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 4 flax seed eggs (1 TBSP ground flax seed mixed+ 2 TBSP water makes one egg. Allow “eggs to sit for 15 minutes)
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 2/3 cup raw cane brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot flour (to thicken)
- 2 teaspoons maple extract or vanilla
- 2 Tbsp apple butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or roughly chopped chips (approximately 1/4 cup)
PIE FILLING DIRECTIONS:
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients except pecans. Whisk to a smooth consistency, then stir in chopped pecans.
ASSEMBLE and BAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust to approx 12′ circle and gently place in pie plate.
- Pour pumpkin pie filling over crust and smooth.
- Very gently, place pecan pie filling over pumpkin filling.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 90 minutes, rotating after about 45 minutes. Watch carefully. Pie is done when pie begins to “puff up” and it no longer “jiggles.”
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate until serving.
OPTIONAL COCONUT CREAM
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 2 tbsp ground raw cane sugar or organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (vanilla may also be used)
Carefully open coconut milk and remove the solid cream. Place in a cold bowl (place bowl and beaters in freezer beforehand).
Beat coconut cream with chilled beaters until peaks form. Add sugar and maple extract and stir to incorporate. Store in fridge until ready to use.