“Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Medicine Be Thy Food!” ~ Hippocrates
How many times have you reached for a granola bar, feeling that it’s “healthy,” but not really? Go with your gut, because it probably isn’t healthy, and that granola bar is likely adding to your gut…plus some!
Case in point, the FDA recently wrote KIND Company a letter stating that four of their bars do not meet healthy guidelines. The saturated fat content is high, they contain processed protein (soy protein isolate), and the fiber is lacking, yet they are packaged to look, feel, and read “health!” Therein lies the problem. Most packaged foods are really not what they are stacked up to be. It’s time to transform your grocery cart to transform your health and your body!
The formula here is simple…EAT WHOLE FOODS!
Right now you’re thinking, “What are whole foods?” I’ll give you the short answer and the long answer. Whole foods are natural, raw foods. That’s it! It’s really that simple! You know, your produce aisle…fruits and vegetables. Peeling back more of the proverbial organic onion….Whole foods are those items that are not chemically or genetically tampered with to enhance flavor, color, size, etc… Whole foods are the (organic) fruits and vegetables grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides, cereals that are unprocessed and do not contain loads of sugar and flavorings, and in particular, foods containing no additives or other artificial ingredients.
Our bodies require whole foods to obtain our proper, required daily nutrition. That’s because whole foods provide everything a healthy body needs including nutrient absorption, use, and elimination,. They create glowing skin, energy, and allow for weight regulation. Synthetic, processed, and refined foods on the other hand create problems with your body’s normal functions and can lead ultimately to disease.
Healthy eating means healthy living…and Hippocrates said it more eloquently than anyone! “Let food be your medicine.” In 21st Century lingo and loosely translated, that should read, “Load your cart with whole foods in the produce aisle…and know that you’re healing your body from within!” TRANSFORM YOUR GROCERY CART CHEAT SHEET…read labels and check ingredients!
AVOID FOOD CONTAINING:
- partially hydrogenated oils,
- trans fatty acids,
- high fructose corn syrup,
- white flour,
- refined carbohydrates,
- artificially modified ingredients/genetically modified foods
- artificial food coloring (red dye 40)
PURCHASE THESE FOODS:
- organic vegetables, especially alkalized ones: kale, spinach, celery, red bell pepper, celery, broccoli, cucumber, garlic
- organic fruits, especially alkalized ones:avocados, berries, bananas, apples, red grapes, pineapple
- organic, non-GMO sprouted grain bread
- fiber-rich whole grains, ideally organic (quinoa, brown and wild rice)
- lean protein (almonds, almond milk, meats raised without antibiotics, organic cottage cheese, organic eggs)
- foods marked “organic” and non”GMO (genetically modified organism)
- unprocessed, unpackaged foods…If you must buy canned, jarred, or packaged foods, look for foods without additives, sugar, sodium, coloring, or other artificial ingredients
- non-sweetened and non-refined condiments
CORE THREE NUTRITION and the TEN DAY TRANSFORMATION are great ways to jump start a healthy lifestyle. Use your Team PK $50 gift card towards these nutritional packages or any health products at PacerKristen.com. Enter “pacerkristen” to get started today by redeeming your gift card!